Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Life beyond Bilbys and new directions...

As you’ve probably gathered, Bilbys have been my constant companions in recent weeks...I felt in my sleep and my hands feel permanently raw and unnaturally ‘tight’.  But after working into the small hours for the past few nights I’ve have finally finished all the Bilby orders in time for Easter...along with Jimmy, a custom made felt mouse and a white felt rabbit for a special customer who gets more joy from each seasonal celebration than is imaginable.
With one exception...to be picked up tomorrow...every Bilby has left the building. 
School holiday workshops also come to an end tomorrow and while I thoroughly enjoy the children’s workshops, I’m certainly looking forward to some headspace to complete on-going orders and plan the projects and patterns for Winter.